Hardwired Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detectors
Just like Smoke detectors and other safety devices and switches, carbon monoxide detectors are just as important to home safety. Carbon monoxide gas is produced when we operate common home appliances that use natural gas or wood (furnaces, clothes dryers, water heaters, ovens, ranges, and fireplaces). Hazardous situations are created if these appliances fail to vent properly. Carbon Monoxide Detectors are designed to sound an alarm when the concentration of carbon monoxide gas in areas within your home are filled with these toxic fumes.
Carbon monoxide poisonings occur in the winter months when furnaces, gas fireplaces, and portable heaters are being used and windows are closed. Place an additional hardwired carbon monoxide detector, backed up batteries, near any major gas-burning appliances (such as a furnace, water heater, or fireplace).
Contact us now ! 240-415-0015
Maintain Smoke and CO Detectors
If your smoke alarm or carbon monoxide alarm begins to chirp, signaling low battery power, replace the batteries immediately to prevent you and your family from being unprotected. Remember, these life-saving devices are only effective when they're working properly. Smoke alarms or carbon monoxide alarms with batteries that are weak, disconnected, or missing can't alert you to the dangers of smoke, fire, or carbon monoxide. Disabling a smoke alarm or removing the battery can be a hazardous mistake.
Alarms that are hardwired should have fresh battery backups in case of a power outage, and should be installed by a qualified electrician. For both smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms, the batteries need to be replaced at least once per year and the whole unit should be replaced every 8-10 years.
In addition, make sure these alarms are never painted or decorated with paper or stickers. Attaching or covering these devices could keep them from working in the event of an emergency.
Let Walters Tristate Electric professionaly install your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. CALL US NOW 240-415-0015